Isn't technology great!

I am in love and totally obessed with STRAVA.  I find that goal oriented riding is driving up my intensity even on short rides and really improving my leg speed and power.  It isn't often I get to ride with friends, so having a social component ia fun way to stay connected and encourage others.


The next step for me is probably a Garmin 500, my current Iphone is a 3GS and it can only handle rides that are 2.5 hours.  I am a bit surprised by my STRAVA obsession as I have never even had a computer or power meter installed on my 2008 BH Connect. 


If you are interested in picking up a screaming deal on a 2010 BH CONNECT, do not wait.  Use the image below and email me pronto.  They are new and I have a very limited supply(54cm, 58cm, 59.5cm)


I can't say enough about mine, but don't take my word for it.  It is comfortable, predictable, efficient, handles like a performance car and light enough to be built into a UCI illegal configuration.  What I like is that I don't feel like I have given anything up.  Some super light carbon bikes flex and wiggle out of control when the hammer is down and you are sprinting or climbing out of the saddle.  For me that is the last time you want to feel like your bike succumbing to your riding inputs.


Just last week, I was hammering through a intersection on a well timed light.  I really was feeling the love and kept dropping gears as I accelerated out of the saddle.  It wasn't until I got home and downloaded STRAVA to see it was a 45 mph crossing of that intersection.  I had some tailwind but it wasn't gusting, I hope it is accurate because I will be trying that sprint again real soon. 

 
The basics of the story is that even going down to the 12 and 13 and putting out everything I had in a FULL SPRINT the bike tracked like an arrow and I had full confidence to push it to the MAX.  That is what I love about my bike.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PB&J: Pain Brings Joy