You have found it, it is an amazing deal on a new fixed gear road bike. Normally I do not do AL bikes, but I had to make an exception for these flexible and fun rides. Because of a commitment I have made I cannot reveal frame manufacturer, but that should not stop you from enjoying a fixed or single speed ride.
Don't forget to bookmark my Fixed Gear blog with other bikes I have converted into fixed gear machines. http://brazencycleworks.blogspot.com/
Complete bike with 54cm 7000 series aluminum frame with road geometry and cantilever brakes
In a similar design of a Matt Chester Utiliman or Surly Crosscheck, this a new Fixed Gear conversion coming from my shop this year.
- Based on a light aluminum road frame with cantilever brake mounts, steel mounts are removeable
- 7000 Series Aluminum ovalized and shaped tubing with down tube gusset
- Long forward facing rear dropouts for multiple rear wheel mounting without weird rear brake trouble you get with rear facing track fork ends
- Aero 1" steel fork well suited for hammering
- Steel quill style stem good for high torque riding, 110mm
- Steel road bar with deep drop design, 41cm (o-o), optional ITM steel bar in 42 or 44 available for $15, chopped and flipped TT bars are $10, bullhorn TT style bars are $20
- Steel 1" black headset threaded
- This is a California designed frame designed to be ultrastable for the long haul but has tendency to turn towards the beach. Will handle light off-road riding as well with wider Cyclocross tires(not included).
- It is geared based on terrain with alloy front chainring(130BCD) and 170mm crank (not the same as demo bike pictured)
- New steel track cog with pseudo lock ring(your choice 13,15,16,19T)
- KMC narrow 3/32 chain
- Kalloy microadjust seatpost 26.8x350mm
- Standard channeled road saddle
- Dimensions are 54cm seat tube (center to top of seat tube)
- Identical length 54.5cm top tube (center to center)
- Long chain stays
- Track style wheels with bolt on front and rear, Single walled 25mm aero shaped rims in silver
- 700c stainless 14g spokes and brass nipples, front 100mm OLD, rear 130mm OLD
- Front wheel is radially laced, rear is 3 cross, 36 hole
- Kenda 700cx23c all black wire bead tires
- Black brake housing and faux cork bar wrap (rear brake included but pictured on demo bike).
- Pedals pictured but not included.
You will not find a new aluminum fixed gear bike with cantilevers and a clear coated brushed aluminum finish available for purchase in US for less. I only have 54cm size available and availability is limited, I cannot reveal frame manufacturer because of a commitment I have made. Click to enlarge pictures. Please ask as many questions as you would like, I am willing to help you make the right decision on this bike. I am willing to set the bike up as a single speed with a rear freewheel instead of fixed gear cog for the same price.