Serotta, serial #51001

Photobucket

This is what I know 60cm Serotta with 58cm top tube.
  • Cinelli - Made in Italy, cast BB shell
  • Campagnolo dropouts, 126mm spacing
  • Columbus Tubing, which one? don't know 27.0 seatpost was in seat tube
  • Sloping crown fork, not sure if it is numbers matching yet
  • Cable routing is on top of the BB shell
  • Built with Shimano 600EX -6207 with 6208 shifters and RD, most of which are dated to March 1986 with KC production codes
  • Specialized Bar and Stem

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Since this bike is my size I decided to test ride it and if all goes well, replace my Fuji and do another Retro-Mod , ala Renaissance Bicycles, with possibly with a 7-11 theme. This bike needs paint and decals bad but I saved it and that makes the rebuild even more fun. My inspiration is a great story I found about another Serotta. If you think you can help me ID this model, tubing and history that would be great. More pics to come once I have it cleaned up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PB&J: Pain Brings Joy