My Rides in 2010

I have been meaning to publish a list of my personal rides to mark a moment in time. Since I love building bikes almost as much as riding my bikes change and morph a lot.

So as of this moment. Here is the beginning of a series of what Eric is riding.

1987 Club Fuji Retro Mod classic steel road bike.

61cm frame and fork
Original Components include
Hatta headset, Nitto stem and B115 bar and yellow accented seat post

It looks retro but the drivetrain is mix of modern components.
Dura Ace downtube shifters 9spd
Dura Ace front derailleur
Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur
Wipperman Connex 9spd stainless steel chain
Campagnolo Cenatur external bottom bracket crankset 53/39 in 175mm
Campagnolo Veloce brakeset
Campagnolo Daytona pedals

I modified the rear wheel to keep the 126mm spacing and still use a 9spd cassette, by replacing the rear axle, installing 8/9 speed cassette body and re-dishing the wheel.

But alas this bike may only stay built this way for a short time. I love my steel road bikes, but I just acquired a 1986 Serotta with Columbus tubing that is also in my size. So thoughts of a 7-11 replica bike are dancing in my head.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PB&J: Pain Brings Joy