Cycling Memories

I have been a lot of places on bicycles and wanted to make a point of recording some of the memorable rides I have taken.

In 2002 I took a 1 day tour, 80k from Empalme to Quepos. It was largely what we would call fire roads, but I got to see half of the country as we finished on the Pacific.


It was about $40 for the organized bus that picked us up at 5am and got us back home around 2am. I don't know the local organizer as this was in 2002. Costa Rica has some stunning forests and vistas, and I have never experienced large rain drops than the ones there.
 
I rode a borrowed early rigid Specialized Stumpjumper that was one size too small.  I even borrowed shorts and used flat pedals and running shoes.  The equipment didn't matter, as it was a once in lifetime chance to ride with locals, ticos, and see the real 'Costa Rica'.   I headed to work at 6am the next day after 2 hours of rest with the biggest smile on my face and satisfaction in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PB&J: Pain Brings Joy