What a great way to save an old bike.
So many of the 70's, 80's and early 90's road bikes are just collecting dust somewhere as they fell out of favor and are destined to the longest waiting queue. Will they find their way to the dump, get donated, sold at garage sale, or restored to live in glory.

Converting an old bike into a fun fixed gear seems like a great way to give these orphans another shot at getting out on the road.

I was wondering what I could do to make this happen. I could continue to build complete bikes, but with three kids and riding aspirations of my own, it is damn near impossible to save all the bikes that I would like to.

What if I developed a fixed gear kit and did the initial setup and let the owner finish the bike with their own flair.

The fixed gear kit includes a redished, recentered rear wheel, with a new cog installed. The chain is included, and single chainring bolts, and crank bolts. The labor included is setting up the rear wheel, and installing the new drivetrain.

I was thinking $120 as an even number. You provide the bike and I provide the Fixed Gear Kit, FGK and all the magic is free.

Of course exceptions will be required, and a matching 700c front wheel would be available for $40 more. This kit would work for all road bikes(with 700c and 27 inch wheels) with horizontal dropouts and a road standard 130 BCD crank.

I was thinking I could include assembly tips and tricks on the blog for free. Fixed Gear Bicycles for the masses. Yee Ha!

Take a look at what I did for Marc with this Nishiki. I could do it for you too.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PB&J: Pain Brings Joy