Friday, March 10, 2006

We also do custom wheel building. These are an example of some twisted wheels I made to show off.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Some mountain wheels for 9 speed drivetrain that I am selling. First $100 takes them, I want them out of my shop.
Image hosting by Photobucket
They are built for V-brakes or cantilever brakes with 100mm and 135mm standard MTB spacing for quick releases. DeoreLX and Deore hubs in black for Shimano 9 spd (will work with 8 speed too) Sapim straight gauge spokes(front radial laced with black alloy locking nipples) Sapim double butted spokes(rear 3 cross lacing pattern with black brass locking nipples) Velocity K525 silver rims, 32 holes, 385g each very light for smaller riders or racing applications, VERY quick to accelerate wheelset.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hey I have been looking for some info on lacing wheels with twisted spokes. If you have any I would greatly appreciate it. My email is sdbarista at gmail. Thanks a lot,
Jason

Eric said...

I recommend using lighter spokes for this. 14/17/14 gauge or 15 gauge help make the twisting realistic. Don't twist a rear wheel build. I seem to remember adding 2-3mm to standard calculated spoke length for a full twist spoke(meaning spoke is twisted completely around the intercecting spoke and is attached to normal spoke hole position).